Friday, January 11, 2013

Matigol Falls, Arakan, Cotabato

Matigol Falls, Arakan Valley, North Cotabato
my heartbreaking adventure




















I arrived  Arakan Poblacion around 9 in the morning and registered at the Municipal Tourism Office and took a single motorcycle up to Sitio Inamong, Brgy Ladayon. It was a cloudy day, that make me wish for the rain to change direction. 

I was so excited for this solo year ender treking  since the known falls is frequently visited by Davao and foreign adventurists.

My solo trecking I may say is heartbreaking. I did not expect to see a bald topography .
I was given the choice on what trail to follow, the direction where I can see the cascading water or on its upper basin. I chose to see the peak where it falls.

With my waterfalling adventure, I love the feeling of standing in the middle of a forest following a nature treck and stop at "where water falls". Matigol Falls is A Fall in the middle of a denuded forest. 

I bear witness that after another 30 years, Matigol Falls will again be on its forestral ground with  the effort to reforest the area by its habitant.








No comments:

Post a Comment