Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pidlanan Falls, Magpet Cotabato

Add caption
 Pidlanan Falls,
Magpet, Cotabato        
Antoher Day of Adventure                                   
August 2,2013
5:30 AM
JOP - Kidapawan City

I wanted to post my Pidlanan waterfalling but I don't have enough words to describe it.
My last waterfallling was in Lapaan Falls
http://rinapadua.blogspot.com/2013/04/lapaan-falls.html?spref=bl
And it was one of my best solo adventure.

All I can remember  about this day was when I saw vividly the moon and the sun taking its place in the cloudy day sky.

As I try to recall the day I had this adventure, I  keep on wondering how I can best describe it as a tourist destination. It is accessible but  not even amazing, beautiful, nor inviting. From jump off point,  less a hundred steps of concrete stairway with some eroded portion guided me down where water falls. Hailing up with more or less 50 ft cascading water is walled by huge rock formation and a stream door beyond your immagination.

While writing this post, my tour guide coincidentally passed by my shop and had my chance to ask her  what "Pidlanan" means and where did it got its name? According to her, Pidlanan's name derived from the term "Paid Na Tanan" ( "All was paid for") and was formerly known as Pidnatanan Falls which later became Pidlanan. Still I am not contented with her answer.

As I rephrased my question, I told my guide that from all the waterfalls I have been to, I felt stranged, empty, and enclosed. It was a different feeling of adventure. There is a mystery, I believe.

Hesistant, she continued to tell more about what she heard from an old folk working with a logging company more than 50 years ago, that a woma's life was held to offer her blood to the "Diwatahan" ("place or home for the guardian spirits of nature casting blessings or curses upon those who bring benefits or harm to the forests and mountains") to stop road mishaps.

The story behind her explantion is ... yes, a myth. But as years go by,  the story behind its destination is a mystery of one of my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment