Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sagada Falls, Mt. Province

Bomod-ok Falls and Bokong Falls

The Big and Small Falls in Sagada

Where in the Philippines is Sagada?
It is six more hours trip up the Mt. Province from Baguio City.

I arrived NAIA 10PM ,  took the 12AM ride for Baguio City and travelled six hours. At 7AM the bus for Sagada left. Passing Benguet Province filled my eyes with whaaws and whooohs...a terraces of vegetables, and the zigzag road going up Mt. Province. I did not mind taking pictures. My eyes were set vividly on its landscape that my imagination will never forget.

Upon arrival at Sagada, I headed at the SAGGAS office for registration and look for my contact tour guide, Kuya Sotero Ngoloban , the known tour guide of  solo female travelers of Sagada. Unfortunatelay he was with another female tourist who arrived one day earlier than me Frances Najarro of Iloilo City.

After breakfast( as early as 7am) the follwing day, i rode a jeep bound for Aguid and dropped at Sitio Banggaan, where all hikers for Bomod-ok falls must register at the Tourist Information Center. Tour guide fee is PhP500.00.

The hike from Bangaan is going down passing a village of residents working in a small scale mining operation.On my way back, we trekked going up Aguid. I happened to meet along foreigners(white asian looking) all I thought were hikers too but instead,  buyers of  sacked mineral deposits according to my guide.

At 11am we are headed back  Sagada for lunch. The treck was not difficult at all since pavement along the rice puddies were concreted.



Bomod-ok Falls , (the big Falls)
The afternoon was spent on spelunking with Francess and Kuya  Sotero. Having more time to spend, we catched the remaining day light at Lake Danum. 

 On my second day affter our hike from Malboro Mountain, we trekked more of the Pine forests going down Bokong Falls, The water is clear and clean not like the ones described brownish after a heavy rain.


Bokong Falls ( the small falls)
We had our lunch on its picnic grounds and talked about Sagada culture . (..weddings, baptism and other rituals).

No comments:

Post a Comment